The GJ5606-DuoDrive has been designed to set the slat angle of the Venetian blinds with highest precision and to ensure a fast closing/opening of the blinds – two apparently contradictory requirements united in one motor.
The solution lies in the two different speeds of the DuoDrive:
- 39 revolutions per minute for the blind movements (50% faster)
- 9 revolutions per minute for the rotation of the slats(exact slat positionning 288%)
This could be achieved through an automatic switching gear unit which switches from 9 to 39 revolutions per minute by each change of direction after a 3/4 rotation.
Advantages of the slow rotation of the slats:
- Triples the available time for positioning the slats
- Quieter opening and closing of the slats
- Ideal for automated daylight control without SMI or KNX
- Optimally configured for a sensitive slat adjustment by hand
Advantages of the fast travel movements:
- Fast protection of the blind in case of wind alarm
- Additional comfort through shorter travel times
- More driving cycles before activation of the thermal protection
- Time savings by commissioning of the Venetian blind